Saturday, October 13, 2018

MATY CHEVRIERE by Joaquin Burgueno

With our new series “An artist´s life.” we want to share the stories of the people behind the art.

“An artist´s life.”
The stories of the people behind the art
#8 Maty Chevriere

I’m Maty, I’ am a photographer and a painter from Canary Islands based in Barcelona. I grew up surrounded by nature and volcanoes in Gran Canaria, therefore those landscapes are really present in my photos and paintings. But where I really find my inspiration nowadays is from the daily things I observe. This inspiration only comes when I’m capable of living in the present, when I live the moment that is happening in front of me. However when I get out of this “line” and I start to recreate myself in past events or how I would like to be things in the future, a kind of frustration overcomes me and I completely lose the inspiration.

“…those are the moments when the ego goes quiet and I am able to see that we are all the same, suffering from the same fears and wanting the same things in this life.”

Let me tell you an example: Have you ever stopped in order to observe when someone is getting their hair washed at the hairdresser? Or have you ever stopped in order to observe when someone is cleaning those big shop windows? Or have you ever stopped to watch a mother with her kid on the train? The mutual understanding that they have in some moments is just unique, and so pure and real!  Exactly those are the moments when the ego goes quiet and I am able to see that we are all the same, suffering from the same fears and wanting the same things in this life.
These photos where taken by my talented friend Joaquin Burgeño, a photographer & art director based in Gran Canaria. That day we went down to the south of the island on a beautiful August afternoon. The tide was low, so we placed a big white fabric on a rock, I took off my clothes in the nature and I started painting the bust of a woman while Joaquin was capturing that moment with the sun going down on the Island.
Model and Text: Maty Chevriere
www.instagram.com/matychevriere
Photography by Joaquin Burgueño
www.instagram.com/joaquinburtor

Model and Text: Maty Chevriere
www.instagram.com/matychevriere
Photography by Joaquin Burgueño
www.instagram.com/joaquinburtor

No comments:

Post a Comment

(THE END/NEW START) Inside the Finkle Writer's Room

Warning: PIRATE RADIO is on the air* I think it's all going to work out for those two. They've been in there for 3 months. &...