Wednesday, July 25, 2018

by Sofia Amburgey

My series, “& How Does That Make You Feel?” was an excuse to reconnect with my love for styling. To remember that it is not the clothing and fleeting material that matters to me, but rather the ability to bring an idea, a thought to life with other like minded creatives to produce an experience and express individuality; All while empowering the subject and expressing emotion through this sort of medium.” explains photographer and stylist Sofia Amburgey.
“I was at a creative stand-still and was pushing for inspiration and drive to incorporate a little bit more of myself into my work. My admiration for color and the way a color can represent a feeling came to mind and I became fixated on the idea of associating emotion with color, and color with outfits.
Beginning the new year with January and the color red, I displayed the feeling of passion, orange (February) being playfulness, yellow (March) is happiness & warmth, green (April) is growth, energy, and life. Blue (May) evoking a peaceful feeling, and purple (June) being vulnerability. I aspired to tell a story through the photo series and loved the idea that every person that came across the photos had some different type of interpretation. I also appreciate the way the use of 35mm film added to this sort of story telling, as well as create a better representation of detail.
As humans it is important to remember to feel deeply without any remorse, and to not numb ourselves to these sentiments. As Michael Stuhlbarg’s character said in the Movie, ‘ Call Me By Your Name’, “But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything—what a waste!”


Photographer / Creative Director / Stylist: @sofiaamburgey
Red Model: @jessicabazan
Orange Model: @3sedona3
Yellow Model: @flrrzz
Green Model: @mccallrevell
Blue Model: @maly.mann
Purple Model: @meghanmchugh

No comments:

Post a Comment

(THE END/NEW START) Inside the Finkle Writer's Room

Warning: PIRATE RADIO is on the air* I think it's all going to work out for those two. They've been in there for 3 months. &...